ECCTIS Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales at Companies House with company number 02405026. Our VAT registration number is GB 535 71 04 56.
ECCTIS Ltd operates services branded as both Ecctis and UK ENIC. These Terms and Conditions cover services offered under the following web domains:
Our registered office is at Suffolk House, 68-70 Suffolk Road, Cheltenham, GL50 2ED.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- “We”, “Us” or “Our” means ECCTIS Ltd also trading as UK ENIC.
- “You” or Your” means the person applying for a Service from Us.
You must be aged 16 or over to apply for any of ECCTIS Ltd’s Services.
These “Terms and Conditions” cover all Our services for individuals (“Service(s)”), including:
- Statement of Comparability
- Statement of Comparability – 24-hour Service
- Statement of Comparability – 48-hour Service
- English Language Assessment
- Visas and Nationality Service
- Early Years Service
- Industry Skills Statements
- Translation Waiver Service Add-on
- Qualification Reference Statement
- Statement Reprints
- Replacement Statements
- Replacement Statements with Additional Qualifications.
You can only apply for ECCTIS Ltd’s Services if You are the person whose qualifications are being assessed. Organisations applying on behalf of an individual must apply via Our services for organisations.
When buying a Service from Us, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them.
Your information, and communications with You
You are responsible for ensuring the information provided to Us is correct and up-to-date for the duration of the Service.
Any information that You provide about yourself to support an application for a Service will be processed in accordance with Our Privacy Notice.
We will send You notifications, and may need to communicate with You at any time regarding Your application. We will communicate by email and/or via the online registration portal. We may also contact You by telephone. We may also send satisfaction surveys – You can opt out of these at any time. We will not send marketing communications unless You indicate, via an opt-in, that You wish to receive them.
A contract will be formed between You and Us once You have made payment for a Service and confirmed Your order. At this point You will receive an Order Confirmation from Us via the online registration system and/or email.
You must make sure that You apply for the correct Service, and check that You meet any eligibility requirements, before You submit Your order. Information on the Services, and example documents can be found on the Service specific pages of the appropriate website. A Service Description is also provided on Your Order Summary and Order Confirmation.
We can start work on delivering Your Service at any point following the start of the contract. Fees can become chargeable as soon as the contract has formed.
You must provide all the necessary documentation to support Your application otherwise We will be unable to process Your order. The necessary documentation is listed during the application process for the relevant Service.
You mustnot send original documentation in support of Your order. You should upload electronic scans to support Your order. Original documents received by Us will be destroyed after use and, at the latest, after a period of 6 months from completion of Your order. If We receive a request from You to return Your original documents prior to their destruction, We will charge You an appropriate postage and packing fee.
Our responsibilities to You
We will complete and send the Service requested by You in the form of a written statement (“Statement”). The Statement will meet the Service Description which You can find in Your Order Confirmation. You can find examples of the Statements that We provide for each Service in the relevant section of Our websites. Once Your Statement has been sent to You, this contract will have been completed.
We will provide the Services to You with reasonable skill and care in order to ensure that the information We provide is accurate.
Time estimates for completing Services
Your Order Confirmation will provide an estimated completion and dispatch time. Time estimates are calculated as follows:
FOR FAST TRACK SERVICES:
- Time will start running once We have confirmed to You that We can complete the application (having checked Your supporting documents) and We have received payment from You.
- Your Statement will be completed within 24 hours or 48 hours (depending on which Service You have applied and paid for). Please note that time will not run between midnight on Friday to Midnight on Sunday (or any other day where the office is closed – public holidays or other advertised office closures).
FOR ALL OTHER SERVICES:
- If all the necessary documents have been received, time will start running on submission of Your paid order.
- Where the necessary documents have not been received on submission of your application, time will start running on receipt of all the necessary documentation.
- Your Statement will be completed within the number of working days specified for the Service.
- Working days do not include weekends (Saturday or Sunday), bank holidays or periods of office closure, including staff training days and Christmas closures.
Time estimates are for completion of Your Statement. They do not include the time taken for delivery. Depending on the time of day that Statements are completed (before or after collection by the courier), they will be sent to You either the same day as they are completed, or the following working day.
Sometimes research will be required in order to provide a Service. We will inform You as soon as is practically possible if this is the case. Research cases will require Us to gather information from third parties, including education institutions, awarding organisations, qualifications regulators etc. It is not possible to provide time estimates where research is required.
Apart from the FAST TRACK Services, all time limits are estimates. Whilst We try to comply with time estimates, unusually high demand for Our Services and circumstances that are outside of Our control may sometimes make it impossible to do so. Refunds will not automatically be issued where We are unable to comply with time estimates for these reasons.
Pricing and payment
The cost of the Service will be listed during the application process and Order Summary and confirmed in Your Order Confirmation.
Payment will be made in Great British Pounds (£/GBP).
Payment can be made by credit or debit card online or over the telephone. Debit and credit card payments are taken using a third-party online payment company, WorldPay. No card payment details are recorded, collected, or stored by Us. Payment may also be made by postal order.
Where VAT or other taxes are required to be paid, these will be listed on both the Order Summary and Order Confirmation.
Postage and packing and delivery
You will need to pay a postage and packing fee in addition to the fee for the Service(s). The charge for Your chosen delivery method will be itemised in Your Order Summary and Order Confirmation.
Your Statement will be sent via Your chosen delivery method, and You should choose a method of delivery that suits Your needs. We suggest that You use a tracked delivery method.
The time taken for Your Statement to be delivered will vary depending on the method of delivery and You should check with Your chosen postal delivery method or courier for details on delivery times.
Once Statements have left Our offices, it is the responsibility of the postal delivery provider or courier to deliver it and We are not responsible for any Statements that are lost in transit. We may charge You to reprint and resend Your Statement.
Application progress, cancellation and Service changes
Once You have placed an order, Your application will go through the following stages:
- Your application will be checked to ensure You have submitted all the required documents, and You are eligible for the Service in question. If We have not received all the documentation We need, We will ask You for it.
- You will receive a notification that We can proceed with Your order based on the information provided by You. Your application will be “In Progress”.
- Your application will be completed and sent to You.
If You ask to cancel or change the type of Service You have applied for, the following fees (plus VAT or other taxes if they apply) will be charged depending on the Service selected by You and the stage Your order has reached:
Statement of Comparability,
Visas and Nationality Service (English Proficiency),
Qualification Reference Statement
10GBP (even if You do not meet the requirements for the Service.
The full Service fee.
Visas and Nationality Service (PhD), Visas and Nationality Service (PhD with English Proficiency), Industry Skills Statement (AQP)
10GBP (even if You do not meet the requirements for the Service.
The full Service fee.
Industry Skills Statement with Skills Mapping
60GBP where Your application does not progress past Stage 1* of the Service and;
135GBP where your application progresses to Stage 2* of the Service.
The full Service fee.
Industry Skills Statement (Skills Mapping)
Statement of Comparability 24-hour and 48-hour Services
The full Service fee**
The full Service fee.
These fees represent a charge to cover work already undertaken on the Service and to change or cancel the Service.
*For more information about the stages of the Industry Skills Statement services see the Service Description in your Order Summary / Confirmation.
**FAST TRACK SERVICES – because of the speed at which these are processed, fast track fees will only be refunded if no work has been undertaken on Your order.
Any requests to cancel or change Services should be made either by telephone or in writing by sending a message via the online application system. Where a request is made by telephone, We may ask You to confirm this in writing.
If You ask to change Your Service type, then payments will either be:
- Required from You if the new Service is more expensive than the one You originally applied for.
- Refunded to You if the new Service is less expensive than the one You originally applied for.
If You request to cancel or change a Service, any fees owed to You will be refunded to You either:
- To the credit or debit card that You paid for the Service with; or
- By cheque if You paid by postal order.
Reprints and replacement documents
Any replacement Statements or additional copies requested by You following completion of a Service will require payment of a fee to cover the costs of doing so.
The fee will vary depending on the Service, and whether or not We have destroyed or deleted supporting documentation.
Where supporting documents have been deleted or destroyed, We may require You to provide further copies.
Reliance on information provided by Us
The information provided by Us when delivering Our Services is an evidence-based opinion arrived at using expertise in the field and a well-developed method of comparing international qualifications.
Unless otherwise stated, We provide a general level of qualification that is not specific to the subject studied, the institution or organisation that issued the qualification, or grades that were obtained.
When You provide Your Statement to a third party, they may or may not choose to rely on the assessment We make, and they cannot be compelled to agree with or rely upon Our opinion.
We will not be held liable for any financial loss that you may suffer when someone relies on, or chooses not to rely on, the opinions expressed in DELIVERING SERVICES, OR IN OUR STATEMENTS.
Errors, appeals, complaints and disputes
You should contact Us immediately if:
- You think We have made a factual error on Your Statement
- You would like Us to clarify information on or regarding Your Statement
- You are unhappy with the result of the assessment We have made.
- You have some other complaint regarding any aspect of Our Service.
Any issues raised by You will be dealt with as set out in Our Application Procedures.
The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract. Should a dispute arise that cannot be solved in any other way it will be decided exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
Contacting issuing institutions for research and confirming completion of studies
Where it is necessary to deliver the Service, or to prevent fraud, We will contact the institution or organisation that issued Your qualification for the following reasons:
- Where We need to undertake further research or gather further information in order to provide Our Services because:
- It is a requirement of the Service You have applied for (e.g. for the Industry Skills Statement); or
- It is a new qualification that We have not encountered before and need to establish a comparison level in order to complete the Service.
- Where We need to confirm You have completed the course and/or graduated from the institution (We call this Primary Source Verification), either because:
- It is a requirement of the Service (e.g. for the Industry Skills Statement)
- We are concerned that the documentation provided to Us is fraudulent.
When gathering further information for research purposes (point a) above) We will:
- If it is possible to do so, request information on an anonymous basis – i.e. We will neither share, nor request any personal information relating to You.
- If anonymous information is not sufficient, We will request the information directly from the institution if We are able to lawfully, or You may need to either:
- Contact Your issuing institution yourself, asking them to send specific information directly to Us; or
- Sign a declaration authorising Your issuing institution to send Us specific information.
When Contacting institutions for the purposes of confirming that You have completed a qualification and/or graduated (point b) above), We will either:
- If We are able to do so lawfully, contact Your institution directly, or via a third-party Primary Source Verification company, requesting they confirm that You completed Your studies and/or have graduated; or
- Ask You to Contact Your institution yourself, asking them to send Us confirmation in writing that You have completed Your studies and/or graduated; and/or
- Ask You to sign a declaration authorising Your issuing institution to send confirmation in writing to Us that You have completed Your studies and/or graduated.
Confirming contents to third parties
When You give or show a Statement to a third party (for example a potential or existing employer or educational institution), they may wish Us to confirm the contents against Our records as a fraud prevention measure. Where We are presented with Your Statement, We will confirm whether or not the Statement matches Our records. We will not provide any information to them about You that they do not already have in their possession.
Acceptable behaviour and fraud
In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, You agree:
- To use Our individual Services only for Your personal, non-commercial and lawful purposes.
- That You will treat Our staff with respect.
We may stop or suspend providing You with Our Services if You do not comply with Your responsibilities as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
If We suspect that You are providing false information, or We detect or suspect fraudulent activity, We will stop or suspend providing You with Our Services and We reserve the right to pass Your information to the police or other fraud prevention agencies.
Protecting Your data
We will always comply with relevant data protection legislation when processing Your personal data and when sharing Your personal data with third parties. Information about how We process information We hold about You, can be found in Our