This is an organisational risk assessment for dealing with the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the workplace.
It has been developed to ensure we provide a safe and healthy workplace/working conditions for staff, visitors and the wider community during the coronavirus pandemic.
Ecctis will achieve this by implementing the hierarchy of control measures as follows:
- Eliminate: if possible, avoid exposing staff to situations where they may be exposed. For example if staff can work from home, they should work from home
- Engineering controls: prevent staff from coming into contact by using physical barriers or well-defined workplace spacing
- Administrative controls: prevent staff from coming into contact by encouraging physical distancing behaviour
- Stay 2m apart (for example. signage, distance marking, one-way systems, staggered start/finish/break times, reduced number of staff working in Head Office, redesigning processes etc)
- Improve hygiene (washing facilities/hand sanitiser, regular surface cleaning, tissues and disposal services, etc)
- If physical distancing can’t be avoided then other mitigating measures will be considered in line with government guidance
- Display appropriate public health posters and notices around the workplace.